Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A day at the Science Center

Wednesday is the day the girls get out of school early, at 1:00pm. Russell had a really rough day yesterday, but today seemed much better so I thought we would try and do something fun. My plan was to kind of let Rusty call the shots.
I thought we would go to the Children's Mueseum downtown and let him spend as much time as he wanted where he wanted. I pick the girls up and tell them our plan and they are very excited! We drive all the way downtown and....it's CLOSED on Wednesdays! ARGH! So I'm thinking of going to the zoo, but it's SO hot, I mean, really hot and I know being outside will not be fun. I decide to hit Balboa Park and maybe play in the fountain, just see what we can find. The drive there was really fun because we took Harbor Drive and passed by the Midway (carrier) and the Maritime Mueseum, which looks like a pirate ship, along with many other smaller ships. The kids all thought that was really cool, especially Russell, he kept saying, "boat!!!!" :) As I'm driving towards the fountain I see that the Fleet Science Center has some sort of "Kids Zone" banner on the building and I decide we will check it out. It was so fun! All the kids had a great time, the "zone" is for kids 5 and under (but I'll sure the girls will be okay for awhile). Russell did have a meltdown when an older (special needs) boy had brought toy cars and left them on the ground, Rusty picked it up and I could tell the boy and Dad were not okay sharing so I told Russell we had to give it back, he got mad and then bonked his head on a bench and got madder...I just kind of let it run it's course and then gave him a drink and put him back in the stroller and he was fine! I guess it's an understandable frustration, I just wish he wouldn't go from 0 to 60 SO fast.
I guess I had high hopes so we decided to become members of the Science Center (we also got 8 free IMAX passes!) so I'll be bringing the kids again. By the time we left it was very late so I decided to go to Chevy's restaurant for some Mexican eats. The kids did great! Everyone ate a ton and had fun. They did so good we actually went to Borders and Old Navy after dinner! Can you believe it? Such good kids!


No comments: