Monday, August 23, 2010

Update

We saw a pediatrician at Childrens Hospital this afternoon. The kids all did really well! Russell was a trooper, poor thing! The Dr said his ears are improving and she would put in referrals for an ENT and Speech and we would see what they say, he's only had 3 infections, not a ton, but I want to be ahead of the game here, I hate to see him in so much pain!
I prefer instead of having the little boys get 4+ immunizations each time they go in for a well baby check to go in more frequently (usually once a month) and space them out, however, this doc doesn't like to do that. ARGH. I don't know if it's true about immunizations and autism, and I don't know how much good spacing them out does, but I do know that bombarding their little immune systems with multiple shots which contain up to 3 vaccines EACH seems a little excessive. I'm inclined to think that they like to do them all at once because it's easier for them, not better for the kiddo. So, I have to decide if I want to change Dr's or try to let this doc do it my way. She mentioned that when they do this the kids get behind, I can understand that but I think it should be the parents choice. I know in the city here the doc's are much more busy, it's just the way it is, so I know I'm going to have to be proactive in the care of my little ones!

No comments: